Professional Arborists: Servicing Newmarket & York Region
FREE QUOTE for TREE CARE SERVICESPHONE: 905.478.2300TOLL FREE: 866.478.2301
If the trees on your property appear sickly or begin to die, it's time to call a professional tree care company for advice. Advanced Tree Care offers tree care in Newmarket. They can identify problems with your trees early and make recommendations to improve their overall condition.
Several factors play a role in tree health. If you're unfamiliar with tree care, some of your landscaping techniques may actually harm your trees.
1. Too many chemicals. When used in moderation and according to the instructions, herbicides and other products can stimulate tree growth. But if used incorrectly, these chemicals can damage and impact the health of your trees.
2. Too little sun. In the case of younger trees, too much shade can slow their growth or result in death. As a rule, you should plant newer trees away from larger trees or the house. This ensures that they receive hours of direct sunlight each day.
3. Too little water. Don't rely solely on rainwater to hydrate your younger trees. These trees require moisture. If the roots dry out, this can affect the tree's overall health.
Tree care in Newmarket isn't an easy task. And while some property owners learn by trial and error, Advanced Tree Care removes the guesswork. We'll examine your trees and provide recommendations that are specific to your landscaping. This contributes healthier, prettier and more vibrant trees.
Thinking about hiring a professional for tree care service? Here are three reasons to hire Advanced Tree Care.
1. Economic benefits. Advanced Tree Care can advise an effective tree management plan, which contributes to the growth and health of your trees. As your trees grow and thrive, this creates shade in various areas near your home. An increase in shade helps cool your house, wherein you don't have to run your air conditioning unit as much. This conserves energy and reduces your household expenses.
2. Community benefits. Maintaining your trees may move your neighbors to follow suit. Tree pruning, as well as tree and stump removal contribute to the overall beauty of the neighborhood. This helps boost property values and contributes to higher proceeds when selling a house.
3.Time benefits. Tree care takes time and skill. If you have neither, a professional company can assist. Leave the difficult work to the professionals while you concentrate on other matters.
It is very difficult to generate an effective tree management plan, without a clear understanding of what is necessary to keep the trees on your property healthy. Not everyone has a degree in dendrology, so for the average person, tree care is a bit of a mystery. While there are books, videos, and workshops on caring for small plants and flowers, there is far less information available on how to keep damaging bugs from nesting in your oak trees, or how to keep rot from setting in and destroying your beloved birch grove.
For issues such as these, it is in your best interest to seek out the knowledge of someone who has extensive experience with trees. An arborist report, provided by someone who is aware of tree care best practice, can make a huge difference in the health of the trees on your property. Based on the report, they can provide you with accurate tree care consulting, and permit applications for cutting down any trees that might be in danger of falling. They can also create a plan for removing any branches or stumps that could prove hazardous to passersby or other trees in the area. With the proper care, the trees on your property can live long and healthy lives, and be enjoyed by many generations to come.
With some planning, you can properly ensure your planted trees will not only survive, they’ll thrive. Educate yourself on the best time to plant, planting techniques and care, and you’ll be successful. Trees require water, nutrients, sunlight and room in order to thrive.
First, inspect the site where you’d like to plant. Choose a native tree species, and be sure your chosen area includes adequate room to grow. Pick a spot without other plants close by so your tree won’t have to compete for water and other nutrients.
Most trees can be planting in the spring as soon as the frost is out of the ground. Otherwise, autumn may be another good choice.
When you plant, be sure the seedlings do not dry out. Be sure not to damage roots or stems. Plant your tree promptly. And if your seedlings come in a bag, don’t open it until you’re ready to plant.
Place the seedling as upright as possible, even on hills. Don’t plan seedlings near water holes, stumps or rocks. Never leave roots exposed to the air; dig a deep enough hole to accommodate as the roots spread.
Be sure to pack the soil well to avoid air pockets that may also dry out the roots.
To learn more about tree care in Newmarket, Aurora or Richmond Hill, visit http://advancedtreecare.ca.
A tree stump not only impacts the look of your yard, stumps can also pose a safety hazard. Maybe a tree fell after a storm or perhaps you removed a large portion of the tree. If so, the tree stump may remain in place. Some people leave tree stumps due to the complicated nature of removal. However, stumps can leave a bulging lump on your property. And if not careful, someone can trip and hurt themselves.
Injuries are more likely to occur at night when the stump isn't easily visible. To reduce the risk of injury on your property, hire a tree care company for tree and stump removal. Advanced Tree Care is highly skilled in a variety of tree care services. Whether you need tree pruning, tree and stump removal or a tree management plan, they're here to serve all your needs.
They provide a variety of options for tree and stump removal, such as digging out the stump and roots, or grinding the stump to ground level. Whichever method you prefer, the end result is a more attractive and safer lawn.
Some property owners do not regularly examine their trees. They might sit underneath the trees and enjoy a little shade on a hot summer's day. But fail to check the trees for broken limbs, overcrowded branches and safety hazards.
Tree pruning is an essential aspect of tree maintenance. Some people prune their trees to maintain a certain shape and promote the health of their trees. This contributes to the overall curb appeal of a yard. But even if you do not care about curb appeal or aesthetics, tree pruning may still be necessary.
Pruning helps remove lose or broken branches, which can fall to the ground. This is very important if your trees hang over a sidewalk, vehicles or any area that receives foot traffic. A broken branch can drop at any time and hit people below.
You can remove these branches yourself, providing you have the proper tools and a ladder. However, if you don't know the first thing about tree pruning, it's best to call a professional. Tree care companies have precise techniques and the right tools to maintain the health and safety of your trees.
Whether you need tree pruning, tree and stump removal or a tree management plan, a professional tree care company can provide solutions. But before hiring a company to handle your tree care needs, take the following preliminary steps.
1. Know your needs. Tree care companies offer a variety of services. Prior to calling a company, assess your exact needs. You can hire a company for a one-time problem, or use the company for regular tree maintenance. For example, if your trees do not thrive or develop a disease, a company can outline a management plan to promote their growth and health. With this plan, the tree care company regularly monitors the progress of your trees.
2. Compare companies. Tree care services are not the same across the board. To keep your cost low and affordable, arrange for at least two different companies to provide quotes. Quotes are usually free, wherein a company visits your property to assess your trees.
3. Ask about their insurance coverage. This protects you in the event of an injury on your property. Request proof of insurance.
The next time you pull into your driveway, pause for a moment and examine your curb appeal. What is your first impression of the property? It's easy for property owners to neglect curb appeal and focus on their interior. But if you want to improve the overall appearance of your house, or if you're looking to sell your home, curb appeal is essential.
Here are a few simple tips to improve your curb appeal.
1. Call a power washing company to remove mold, mildew and dirt from your vinyl or brick.
2. Plant a few colorful flowers to give the front of your house personality. Trim shrubbery and remove dead plants.
3. Hire a professional tree care company for tree pruning. Tree pruning removes overcrowded branches, dead branches and improves the shape of your trees.
4. Keep your lawn mowed and regularly pull weeds. If you have a dead tree on your property, hire a company for tree and stump removal.
5. Remove clutter, such as bikes, toys, automotive supplies and anything else that might detract from the beauty of your yard.
Just like hair, sometimes trees need to be trimmed in order for them to continue to grow in a healthy manner. However, trees can be a bit more complicated to cut than hair, and tree pruning takes an entirely different set of skills. The fall is the perfect time to have a tree cutting risk assessment performed on your property, so that you can be certain that cold weather and snowfall will not cause damage.
Once winter weather begins, trees that are unhealthy have a tendency to lose branches, or even split altogether, under the weight of snow and ice. This is not only detrimental for the trees, but it can also prove dangerous for anyone walking on the grounds. A falling branch covered in ice can cause severe injury, and there is very little way to predict which trees are unstable once they are covered in snow. By grooming the trees on your property while the weather is warmer, you can be certain you are trimming just the right branches, just the right amount.
Creating the perfect landscaped yard takes time and a little know-how. But once it is completed, you will step outside and know that you have created a wonderful retreat for you and your family. You want to make sure you do everything you can to preserve the shrubs and trees, flowers and grasses you have so thoughtfully added to your yard.
For a well-landscaped yard to last a lifetime it needs to be cared for year round. Everyone believes it is the tender flowers that need to be attended to and they forget about the trees. Trees are typically the larger investment in your yard and a little care will go a long, long way!
Preparing your trees for the cold winter months is one of the best ways of ensuring that your trees are healthy and able to flourish come spring. Watering your tree over the hot, dry summer months is very important, as is watering in the early fall. You want to make sure the tree has a reserve once the cold weather comes in. However, once the ground freezes you will want to stop watering so that the tree will harden in preparation for the winter.
Tree pruning is very important in the fall. Remove dead branches especially those that are dragging on the ground as this will prevent them from breaking when the snow falls.
As the fall ends, spread mulch under the tree to help preserve the moisture during the winter. And for really young trees, especially those that haven’t had time to harden, you will want to wrap them in tree wrap. Start wrapping at the root and continue to the lowest branches.
It may seem as if there is a lot to do to prepare a tree for winter but it really does offer the tree the best chance for thriving. Come spring you will truly appreciate all you have done to keep your yard looking wonderful for the warmer months.